How to Make a Bystander Revolution Video
Tips on your Message
- Pick one piece of advice per video. It can be advice for a bystander, a target, or someone who has bullied. You can browse our solutions for ideas or come up with your own.
- You can share a story (no names, please), or just an idea you have.
- Be specific. What should someone do? What should someone say?
- Be positive. All solutions on the site encourage empathy for everyone involved.
- Keep it short so your advice gets heard.
Camera, Sound & Lighting Tips
- You can use a webcam, cell phone, or video camera.
- Record in a quiet space. Turn off noisy devices like TVs, radios, air conditioners and fans.
- Project your voice so we can hear you!
- Avoid sitting with a window or bright light behind you.
- Make sure there’s light on your face. Turn on a light, or increase the brightness of your computer screen if you’re using a webcam.
- Stabilize the camera. Place your camera on a steady platform instead of holding it or resting it on your lap.
- If you’re using a cell phone, orient it horizontally and not vertically.
- Watch your video before submitting to make sure it looks and sounds clear.
Upload and Submit
- Log into or create a YouTube account and upload your video.
- Include your first name in your title.
- Write a 1-2 sentence description so others can search for your video.
- Return to Bystander Revolution and click the “Submit a video” button.